GPG’s Guide to Decentralisation series explores the practicalities of designing, implementing and managing the process of decentralisation. The Guides explore key areas affecting the planning and delivery of an effective decentralised system, drawing on international experience and best practice.
The Guide aims to assist those tasked with implementing decentralisation in newly devolved bodies. We explore practical approaches to the implementation of decentralisation, covering the following areas:
- Informing employees and keeping them motivated
- Setting priorities and effective planning for the transition to decentralised government
- Joint working between agencies working in the decentralised region
- Getting the best results from available resources
- Supporting elected representatives in the early days of decentralisation.